How to put your files in the game
There are various ways to put your new/edited files (cameos, new units, INI files, maps) in the game:
- You can simply place the file loosely in the game directory.
- This is the easiest, but it also means the SHP file will be visible ot the game when other mods are running, and it will take priority over the file with the same name that is inside a container MIX file.
- You can create a custom container MIX file and put all your custom files there.
- This is harder, but tidier. See Using XCC Mix Editor.
- You can use the XCC Mod Creator.
- It automatically puts your files in the right places and cleans the game up afterwards. See Using XCC Mod Creator.