Animation durations are determined at the animation's creation time:
- First, the time in frames it will take to finish (let's call it T) is equal to the animation's setting.
- If the animation has a valid T is set to a random number between x and y. specified,
- If T is recalculated according to a formula:
is set on this animation,
- If T is larger than 5 (the most common case), it's recalculated to equal (8 * T / Game Speed) (on the scale of 1 through 6).
- If it is between 1 and 4 frames inclusive, the game applies hardcoded multipliers instead, which are not clear at this time.
The resulting T is the duration in frames that this animation will last.