Who crushes whom
This page details how the crushing system works. The table shows whether a defender can be crushed by an attacker, depending on how the flags, , and are set, and for reference, also shows the effect of .
- OmniCrusher and OmniCrushResistant are only available in Yuri's Revenge.
- Please see below for certain side effects of .
Empty cells signal that one property does not influence the other, specifically:
- Crusher=yes checks for Crushable - it doesn't care whether the target can be crushed by OmniCrushers.
- Just because a target is not an OmniCrusher, doesn't mean it can't crush a Crushable=yes - that's determined by Crusher.
The flags in detail:
- determines if this VehicleType can crush objects.
- determines if this object can be crushed by Crushers.
- Only if the Attacker is Crusher=yes and the Defender is Crushable=yes, the crushing can happen.
- Crushable=no. , if enabled, allows the VehicleType to crush objects who are set
- , if enabled, prevents all crushing.
- , if enabled, basically nullifies all of the above, and has some additional effects, as detailed below.
- A unit with
- A unit with
- InfantryTypes or AircraftTypes. has no real effect when applied to
- However, a unit with
produces some interesting behavious when it comes into contact with walls:
- When travelling through a single wall cell, the unit will pass through as if the wall was not there, and no damage will be done to the wall.
- But, if it encounters another wall cell immediately after, the unit will become 'stuck' on that wall cell. The wall cannot be sold, and the unit will be unable to move. Basically, don't combine train units with walls.
- A similar effect can happen with terrain objects such as trees and rocks. The unit will be able to move through these, however if it stops on them, or attempts to move through a several-cells-thick group of them, it will become stuck on said terrain object.